If you are dissatisfied with a minor or major defect in your facial or bodily appearance, there are many options of surgical treatments that you can choose from. Fat Transfer is the grafting of fat from one area of the patient’s body to another in order to make a desired correction. This can be performed on any part of the body from face to toes. While other cosmetic surgeries also make corrections, Fat Transfer is particularly for those cases in which the patient has insufficient amount of flesh in the target area. It is also known by alternate names like Fat Grafting or Fat Injections. It is completed in three main procedures: extraction of fat, processing of fat and reinjection of fat.
Extraction of Fat
After the donor area is identified, fat is extracted from there by a technique called Liposuction. Cannulas are inserted into the area and the fat is sucked out for the next stage of processing.
- Processing of Fat: The extracted fat is then processed which involves separating healthy fat from unhealthy fat and discarding the fluids and tissues that do not have the strength to stay for long. This involves washing of the fat with solutions.
- Re-injection: After determining the amount and size of the fat according to the requirement of the area, it is injected. It gradually merges with the natural fat of the area.
Fat Transfer Surgeries
- Breast Augmentation is the most common Fat Grafting surgery performed worldwide. Women dissatisfied with their Breast size choose to enhance their breasts with the help to surgery. In most of the cases, fat from one part of the body like the stomach or hips is grafted to breast. This is different than using artificial Breast Augmentation.
- Buttock Augmentation: Not only people in the show biz but also common people do turn up for Butt enhancement. Mass of fat from parts like Hips or tummy is extracted and injected into the area to give it a “lift”. It is the second most performed surgery in the world.
- Facial Fat Transfer, according to Dr. Sanjay Parashar, solves many problems affecting one’s appearance. It is useful in correcting unwanted facial lines, size of lips, depression of the under eye circles etc. Even an age old scar can also be concealed with this surgery. Acne scars or accident marks can be also be removed by Fat Injection.
Fat Grafting Surgery
A Plastic Surgeon is well trained and equipped with the skill for performing Liposuction and Fat Grafting Surgery. A licensed practitioner is capable of handling the procedures and materials and gives you many options to choose from.